Effective 24 March 2017
The following are the terms of agreement between you and The Japan Foundation, Sydney (“we/us/our”). By accessing or using this website, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to abide by these terms. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use this website.
These terms are effective at the date specified above and may be amended by us from time to time in accordance with the developing nature of privacy policies for online communication. Please check these terms each time you use the website to ensure you are kept up to date. We will provide you with notification on the website where we believe any variation to these terms may cause material detriment to you.
In using the website, you must not:
- Use our website in unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purposes or activities;
- Use our website in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purposes or activities;
- Use the website or provided services to harass, annoy, or disrupt any third person, including a third person who may receive messages as a result of your use of the website and our services;
- Copy information on or pertaining to our website without our consent.
In our forums, the majority of content posted are created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and are not those of The Japan Foundation, Sydney unless specifically stated. We accept no responsibility for any loss or harm incurred.
By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with us you agree to grant us, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way we want (including modifying or deleting it). In order for us to use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution:
- Is your own original work;
- Does not contain a virus or other harmful component/s.
- Is not information or material which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent, including without limitation any material constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law;
- Is not material which violates or infringes the rights of any other person, including material which is an invasion of any privacy rights, or material which is protected by copyright, trade mark or any other proprietary right without first obtaining the permission of the owner or relevant right holder;
Links To and From This Site
From time to time our website will link to external sites for further reference (e.g. events outside of The Japan Foundation, Sydney).
Each linked site has its own terms and conditions for use which you must comply with. We are not responsible for the contents or reliability of any other websites to which we link and do not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them.
We are no liable for any damage for any loss or damage arising from your use of any of the linked sites.
Intellectual Property Rights
All images, text, scripts and so on that we use to operate www.jpf.org.au belong to The Japan Foundation, Sydney unless otherwise stated.
Website Performance, Delays, and Viruses
We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the website is available to you but we are not liable to you for or in connection with:
- Failure of the Website to perform in whole or in part, any function which We have specified it will perform;
- Unavailability of the website in whole or in part due to failure of the communication network, ancillary equipment, or any circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
We do not warrant that functions available on this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the server that makes it available is free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
This website may occasionally contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. We do not warrant the accuracy of any posted information. Please confirm that you are using the most up-to-date pages on this website and confirm the accuracy and completeness of information before using it to make decisions relating to services or other matters described in this website.