(♦ hidden block)
- Present proof of full vaccination (or medical exemption).
- Check in at the service counter upon arrival.
- Wear a face mask at all times while on the entire premises
- Comply with posted notices to meet the standards of public hygiene and social distancing measures issued by government authorities.
- View the exhibition in the gallery (from October 22, 2021).
- Borrow items from our library.
- Enter the reading room for browsing of books, magazines and newspapers.
- Use public WiFi for up to 60 minutes.
- Enter our premises if you feel unwell.
- Use an AV booth.
- Request reservations on loaned items.
- Ask you to shorten your visit in the event that maximum capacity is reached, especially if you already have spent more than 60 minutes in our premises.
- Ask you to queue, wait or come back later if rooms have reached capacity and it proves necessary.
- Keep records of visitors for a minimum period of 28 days if you don’t use Service NSW QR code check-in. These records will only be for the purpose of tracking COVID-19 infections.
Come and visit our library which boasts over 20,000 Japan-related items. Our collection features a range of material including fiction, non-fiction, manga, DVDs, music CDs and extensive language resources.
Bring your children for a fun session of storytelling and craft-making in Japanese at our library. We will feature Halloween in our stories and craft this time, but Japanese yōkai monsters and ghosts may appear in the features!
Japanese children’s story books that have been recommended for translation to other languages. The books selected here are of interest to children aged 5 to 12, and learners of Japanese. Each catalogue record contains a link to the book review page, in English, to help learners choose a book for their personal interest.
We have hand picked a fun list of library books in English, curated to help you and your children learn more about Japanese history and culture.
We also recommend this to parent to assist in their children’s learning and homework.
Kid’s Reward Card
Receive one stamp for each of the following (once per day):
• Borrow one or more kid’s items
• Participate in a library mini event
Please note: Lost cards will not be replaced. For use by kids (grade 6 or less).
OPENING HOURS / CALENDAR
Mon-Fri: 10am to 6pm
Sat: 11am to 4pm
Please check the conditions of entry before visiting.
Dates subject to change
AFTER HOURS RETURNS
An after-hours returns chute is located at the entrance of the library and available 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm. Access might not be available on retail holidays such as Christmas.
(02) 8239 0055
Banner photo: Brett Boardman