Updated Conditions of Entry from August 20
Due to Covid-19 restrictions announced by the NSW Government, The Japan Foundation Gallery and library are temporarily closed to the public until at least September 30, 2021. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Existing library loans have had their due dates extended to January 31, 2022.
- Check in at the service counter upon arrival.
- Comply with posted notices to meet the standards of public hygiene and social distancing measures issued by government authorities.
- View the exhibition in the gallery.
- Borrow items from our library.
- Enter the reading room for browsing of books, magazines and newspapers.
- Use public WiFi for up to 60 minutes.
- Enter our premises if you feel unwell or have a fever when we check your temperature at our check-in point.
- Use an AV booth.
- Ask you to shorten your visit in the event that maximum capacity is reached, especially if you already have spent more than 60 minutes in our premises.
- Ask you to come back later in the event that maximum capacity is reached.
- Keep records of visitors for a minimum period of 28 days. These records will only be for the purpose of tracking COVID-19 infections.
We also request that borrowers retain their loaned items until further notice. Do not send them back to the library. This is to avoid the chance of packages being left outside our premises unattended and any loss or damage that may arise.
We have hand picked a fun list of library books in English, curated to help you and your children learn more about Japanese history and culture.
We also recommend this to parent to assist in their children’s learning and homework.
Tadoku Online Resources
Would you like to keep your Tadoku reading while you stay safe at home?
We have listed some links to learner-friendly online readers in our Tadoku page. Enjoy!
Kid’s Reward Card
Receive one stamp for each of the following (once per day):
• Borrow one or more kid’s items
• Participate in a library mini event
Please note: Lost cards will not be replaced. For use by kids (grade 6 or less).
OPENING HOURS / CALENDAR
Mon-Fri: 10am to 6pm
Sat: 10am to 4pm
Please check the conditions of entry before visiting.
Dates subject to change
AFTER HOURS RETURNS
An after-hours returns chute is located at the entrance of the library and available 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm. Access might not be available on retail holidays such as Christmas.
(02) 8239 0055
Banner photo: Brett Boardman