We are pleased to announce that The Japan Foundation, Sydney gallery and service counter hours will be extended from Monday, July 20.
Some modified conditions of entry and services are still in place for the health and safety of our guests and staff. Please ensure you read the following conditions before booking your next visit.
- Make a booking before visiting via the online booking form. Visitors without a booking may be declined entry.
- Check in at the service counter upon entering our premises.
- Comply with posted notices to meet the standards of public hygiene and social distancing measures issued by government authorities.
- Visit us on Monday to Friday, 10am – 6pm and Saturday 10am – 4pm as long as you have booked online.
- View the exhibition in the gallery.
- Borrow more items from our library as loan quotas have been temporarily increased.
- Enter the reading room for quick browsing of books, magazines and newspapers with a face mask and gloves on. Please bring your own mask. We will provide you with a pair of disposable gloves.
- Enter our premises if you feel unwell or have a fever when we check your temperature at our check-in point.
- Stay in the reading room for studying.
- Use public WiFi.
- Use an AV booth.
- Ask you to leave our premises by the end of your allocated booking.
- Keep records of visitors for a minimum period of 28 days. These records will only be for the purpose of tracking COVID-19 infections.
Bookings open each Saturday
at 4pm for the coming week.
Come and visit our library which boasts over 18,000 Japan-related items. Our collection features a range of material including fiction, non-fiction, manga, DVDs, music CDs and extensive language resources.
Temporary Changes in T/C of the Library Loan Services
From June 9 (Tue) until further notice, the terms and conditions of the library loan services are altered as follows:
- Free Card: Maximum of 7 items – Due date is adjusted to August 31 (Mon).
- Paid Member: Maximum of 15 items.
- No reservation requests are placed on loaned items.
Tadoku Online Resources
Would you like to keep your Tadoku reading while you stay safe at home?
We have listed some links to learner-friendly online readers in our Tadoku page. Enjoy!
Kid’s Reward Card
Receive one stamp for each of the following (once per day):
• Borrow one or more kid’s items
• Participate in a library mini event
Please note: Lost cards will not be replaced. For use by kids (grade 6 or less).
AFTER HOURS RETURNS
An after-hours returns chute is located at the entrance of the library and available 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm. Access might not be available on retail holidays such as Christmas.
(02) 8239 0055
Banner photo: Brett Boardman