The Japan Foundation Gallery
We are pleased to announce that The Japan Foundation, Sydney gallery and service counter will reopen to visitors from Tuesday, June 9. However, operations have been modified for the health and safety of our guests and staff.
- Visitation hours: Monday to Friday, 10am – 12pm and 2pm – 4pm.
- Only our gallery and service counter will be accessible.
- All visitors must make a booking before visiting via the online booking form. Bookings for the following week will be made available every Friday at 4pm. Visitors without a booking may be declined entry.
- All visitors must check in at the service counter upon entering our premises.
- Our library (the shelves, newspapers, magazines and reading area) will be closed to minimise transmission of COVID-19 via furniture surfaces and collection items.
- To borrow items from our library, please search the library’s web catalogue prior to visiting. On arrival, see staff who will then assist in retrieving the items you wish to borrow.
Our arts and culture program brings a variety of events exploring Japan’s diverse identity to Australian audiences throughout the year, ranging from gallery exhibitions to creative exchange workshops. Many take place at our Central Park premises in Sydney, which features a gallery (The Japan Foundation Gallery) and an event space. Browse this section to explore our exhibitions, gallery-related events, information on exhibiting artists, and more.
GALLERY HOURS FROM JUNE 9
Monday – Friday, 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm
The Japan Foundation Gallery is located on Level 4 of Central Park (access via lifts only).
The Japan Foundation, Sydney
Level 4, Central Park
28 Broadway, Chippendale NSW 2008