STUDENT SHORT FILM CONTEST
**2021 Deadline Extended to October 24 due to disruptions to schooling caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. **
Video Matsuri is an annual short film contest for students.
Entries must be:
- from students enrolled in primary, secondary, or tertiary education in Australia or New Zealand
- no longer than 3 minutes
- included the Japanese language
- included a featured item of the year
There are no restrictions on style or theme, as long as it is age appropriate. You can produce a comedy, a drama, or a documentary! So why not enter and combine your Japanese ability with your creativity and acting skills?
Prizes include trophies, certificates, Madman Entertainment vouchers, and DVDs. Certificates of participation are issued.
- Featured item: チョウ (butterfly)
- Entry Deadline: October 24, 2021 (11:59pm AEDT) [Extended from September 1]
The Japan Foundation logo motif – the butterfly has been chosen as the featured item 2021, in celebration of a milestone – 30 years of supporting Japanese Language Education in Australia through our Sydney centre.
2020 CONTEST RESULTS BELOW.