VIDEO MATSURI 2017
STUDENT SHORT FILM CONTEST
Combine your Japanese ability with your creativity and acting skills to make a 3 minute film.
This year’s signature item is a button. What kind of button? That’s up to you! It does not need to be the main theme but must feature somewhere in your film.
Aside from the signature item and the use of Japanese language, there are no restrictions on style or theme. You can produce a comedy, a drama, a documentary; you can animate it, you can claymation it – the sky’s the limit!
Thank you for entering Video Matsuri 2017. See below for a quick view of winners or visit our Hall of Fame for all winners and entries.
2017 Video Matsuri Winners
Category Winner (Shared):
- Mt Manypeaks Primary School (WA) – Bai Bai Botan
- Yarrunga Primary School (VIC) – Zabuton Janakute! Zoo Button desu.
- Kalinda Primary School (VIC) – The Japanese Zodiac
- Ruskin Park Primary School (VIC) – Katakana Time
- The Illawarra Grammar School (NSW) – Urashima Tarou
- Girton Grammar School (VIC) – Second Button
- Applecross Senior High School (WA) – Fab Food Friends
- Applecross Senior High School (WA) – Sekushi—- Botan
- Atherton High School (QLD) – Sumorai
- Girton Grammar School (VIC) – Fushigina Elevator
- Hornsby Girls’ High School (NSW) – Bullied
- North Sydney Girls High School (NSW) – Button
- Perth Modern School (WA) – Button, where are you?
- St George Girls High School (NSW) – じかんのゆめ – Time’s Dreams
Category Winner: N/A
- AB Paterson College (QLD) – The Button
- MLC Burwood (NSW) – 私の大切なもの
- The University of Melbourne (VIC) – 運転手の文化体験
- The University of Melbourne (VIC) – つながり
- The University of New South Wales (NSW) – 春のボタン