Visitor Safety Information
COVID-19 Conditions of Entry
Updated October 7, 2021
We are pleased to announce that The Japan Foundation, Sydney library will reopen on October 14, 2021 (Thursday) and the gallery on October 22, 2021 (Friday), with enhanced health and safety measures in place in accordance with the NSW Public Health Order.
The Japan Foundation, Sydney is committed to the safety of all guests and staff. Please don’t visit the library or gallery if you feel unwell, or have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 including a fever and sore throat in the last 14 days.
Before visiting our premises, please ensure that you check this page as conditions of entry may change. Our current safety measures include the following:
- All JPFSY staff and visitors 16 years and over, must be fully vaccinated. Proof of full vaccination (or medical exemption) will be requested on entry. To find out how to obtain proof of vaccination, please visit the NSW Government’s website: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/vaccination/proof
- All visitors must check in upon entry using the Service NSW QR codes available, including accompanying children who will be required to check in as dependants. If visitors do not have access to a device that can recognise QR codes, they can provide their name and contact details at the reception.
- Unvaccinated visitors under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated person.
- Face masks must be worn while on the entire premises by all visitors aged over 12 years. Please bring your own mask with you.
- Enhanced daily cleaning regimes are in place.
- We ensure that adequate supplies of hand sanitiser are available on the premises.
- We have capacity limits in place, based on a maximum of 1 person per 4 square metres. Please respect and follow instructions from staff.
- We request that you stay mindful of social distancing precautions and keep a distance of at least 1.5 metres from others.
- During your visit, you might be asked to queue, wait or come back later if rooms have reached capacity and it proves necessary. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience.
Visitors who do not comply with these conditions will not be admitted, or will be asked to leave the library and gallery to ensure the safety of all visitors and staff.
We are constantly monitoring the advice of NSW Health and may update conditions of entry in line with the Public Health Order. Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to seeing you at The Japan Foundation, Sydney library and gallery soon.
Mon-Fri: 10am – 6pm
Sat: 10am – 4pm
Closed on Sundays and public holidays