Welcome to the J-Course Student Portal
This information is for current J-Course Students.
Here you can find all you need to know about the following:
- Weekly and year long schedules
- Requesting substitute classes and letting us know when you will be away from class
- Course summaries
- Useful Japanese language resources
If there is anything else we can help you with, please don’t hesitate to contact the J-Course Team at jcourse(A)jpf.org.au
The details for each individual course, including textbook fees, covered topics, and class goals, can be found be clicking the links below.
If you are currently enrolled in J-Course, you will receive enrollment information via your Canvas course and the Student Hub. For any specific questions, please reach out to J-Course via email.
Class Schedule for Term 1, 2022
Weekly Schedule for Term 1, 2022
Term 1 will follow a weekly Monday – Saturday schedule, beginning on Monday, January 31 and ending on Saturday, April 9.
Please pay close attention to the weekly schedule, particularly when scheduling a substitute class.
J-Course Term 1 2022, Mon January 31 – Sat April 9
Class Changes: Substitute Classes and Absences
If you would like to request a substitute class or let us know that you will be absent from class, please complete the form below.
For details of when other classes at your level are run, please see the class schedule (one tab to the left of the substitute class tab).
- Students are entitled to up to four substitute classes per term, for courses that run more than two classes in the same class week.
- Substitute classes are offered for classes in the same week as your original class (Monday to Saturday)
- Requests to attend a substitute class must be sent at least two (2) hours before your regular class commences, or at least two (2) hours before your substitute class commences, whichever comes first. Requests will not be accepted if received after this time. Due to different business hours on Saturday, substitute class requests for Saturday classes must be submitted before 4pm on the previous Friday.
- To cancel or reschedule a substitute class, please contact J-Course directly.
Resources for J-Course Students
The Japan Foundation has created a range of materials to assist with learning Japanese, including Japanese learning apps and websites. We hope these will come in handy for your study!
Marugoto Can-Do Checklists
Click on a level to download the Can-Do Checklist for that textbook!
Marugoto Textbook Resources
Minato Online: Online self-study courses that follow the same content as our classes.
Marugoto Web: Download supplementary materials from the textbook here (audio, vocabulary lists etc).
Marugoto Words: Make your own vocab lists and practice the pronunciation with audio.
Marugoto Plus: This website has extra activities based on the textbook including videos, grammar notes and exercises.
Other JPF Resources
Hirogaru: Learn about Japanese culture and improve your language skills through this immersive Japanese site.
Japanese in Anime and Manga: Learn useful expressions and power up your Japanese through anime and manga.
Nihongo E-na: A huge resource base for Japanese learning websites and tools collected by the Japan Foundation.
J-Learner: Our monthly newsletter, bringing the latest language news and resources to you!
Applications (For Devices)
Learn how to read and write hiragana, katakana and kanji with fun, easy to remember memory hints.
NewsWeb Easy: A site for Japanese learners to read simplified news articles. The articles act as useful lead-ins to the original, more complex texts.