JFF School Screenings
JFF (Japanese Film Festival) school screenings are exclusive screenings for school groups as part of annual Japanese Film Festival which runs in major cities around Australia.
School screenings include a fun Japan related quiz before the film, and make for a great excursion. A Unit of Work on the film will be provided to teachers in advance. The films are best suited for high school students.
Screenings in each city will be held 10am – 12:45pm. (Please be seated by 9.45am and allow plenty of time to purchase snacks.)
The 2018 school screening film is the youth-oriented comedy, MY love STORY!!.
MY love STORY!!
Directed by Hayato Kawai
Comedy | 2015 | 105 mins | Classification: UNCL 12+
* Unclassified 12+: Children below 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
MY love STORY!! is a heart-warming high school comedy for all ages. Based on a hit comic book series, main character Takeo Goda is a freshman in high school, but his fierce-looking face and a hulking body looks nothing like a high school student. His rugged looks and awkward manner repel girls, but his warmhearted nature and willingness to help others makes him popular with all his classmates!
Image copyright © Aruko, Kazune Kawahara/SHUEISHA ©2015 “OREMONOGATARI” Film Partners
Click ‘book now’ for your city to book online through Eventbrite.
- The previous cap of 50 tickets per school has been lifted!
- Bookings close 3 weeks before the screening date in each city [please check closing dates below].
- Bookings made be made by credit card (recommended) or bank transfer.
- For booking terms and conditions, please click here.
See you at the movies!
Friday, October 26, 2018
Event Cinemas Brisbane Myer City Centre
Level 3 Elizabeth St
Brisbane City QLD 4000
Friday, November 30, 2018
ACMI – Australian Centre for the Moving Image
Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Canberra – September 28
Brisbane – October 5
Perth – October 11 (Extended to October 25)
Adelaide – October 19
Sydney – November 2
Melbourne – November 9
Please note that bookings may close earlier than these dates if capacity is reached. Early bookings are recommended.
JFF School Screening special candy car combos are available for the following screenings:
Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth and Sydney.
Don’t miss the start of the film due to long queues at the candy bar! For a smooth experience at the cinema, and for a great deal, please:
- Place your schools’ snack order below (48 hours + before the screening)
- Collect money from your students in advance
- Arrive at the cinema early to pay and collect your order
Please remember that external food and beverages are not permitted in cinemas.
This event is part of the