Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT)
How to Apply
1. Read the Test Guide.
2. Decide which level to take and which city you will attend.
- If you’re unsure, consult the Test Guide.
- Do not register for more than one level or city – Tests are concurrent. It is not physically possible to attend more than one.
3. Choose carefully.
- Test fees are not refundable, deferrable or transferable.
- You cannot change your Test site and Test level once you have registered.
4. Complete the online application form and pay the test fee.
- Payment is online by Visa or MasterCard only. Your bank or credit card issuer may levy an additional fee on this transaction.
- Parents and guardians with multiple children taking the test must ensure each child is registered separately.
- Check your email and print your application immediately after completing payment.
Special Testing Accommodations
(for applicants with an impairment or disability)
Register your application as normal. You must also contact your local Host Institution or The Japan Foundation, Sydney jlpt(A)jpf.org.au immediately after completing your application.
Do I need to prepare a photograph?
Can I register to more than one test site?
Do not register for more than one site. Tests run concurrently.
Can I submit a paper or postal application?
Paper and postal applications are not accepted.