JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test)
About the JLPT
The Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) is the largest-scale Japanese language test in the world. Since 1984, The Japan Foundation and Japan Educational Exchanges and Services have continued to offer the JLPT as a reliable means of evaluating the Japanese proficiency of non-native speakers. The JLPT is widely recognised across corporate and government sectors as a benchmark for proficiency measurement, and is also a strong motivator for students of Japanese language.
• July Test: Applications closed on March 31, 2021.
• December Test: Applications closed on September 1, 2021.
QCE Credit Points Notice
JLPT N5 and N4 will no longer be recognised as an eligible course to contribute credit to QCE under the JLPT/QCE scheme from 2022.
In order to have the QCE credit points with the past Tests processed, any pass results of N5 or N4 by high school students in QLD must be reported by a Japanese language teacher to email@example.com by Monday, November 22, 2021 with the following information. No late request will be accepted.
- Student name:
- LUI number:
- JLPT registration number:
- Current year at school:
- N1, N2 and N3 ⇒ $95 Test fee + $6.31 Eventbrite booking fee.
- N4 and N5 ⇒ $85 Test fee + $5.76 Eventbrite booking fee.
All prices are inclusive of GST.
The Eventbrite booking fee is non-refundable.
The Test Guide is mandatory reading
- Australia-specific information is at the beginning, on pages (i – vi).
- Contains useful information about dates, procedure, sections, scoring, expected timing, how to fill in answer sheets, etc.
- Photograph submission and paper applications are not necessary. The JLPT in Australia accepts online applications only. Postal applications are not allowed.
Special Testing Accommodations (STA)
STA application process:
- Read the Test Guide and the instruction for requesting STA document carefully before applying for STA.
- Complete JLPT registration with selecting YES to STA.
- Obtain medical certificates to support your STA application.
- Submit the completed STA application form with medical certificates to The Japan Foundation, Sydney via Email by STA application deadline. Submission email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
STA submission deadline:
STA submission for 2021 Dec test is already closed.
- There is no assurance that your STA request will be granted.
- If an applicant fails to complete the STA procedure by the deadline, or if the STA request is unsuccessful, the applicant is still be allowed to attempt the Test under the same regular conditions as other examinees.
- Strictly no late submissions will be accepted.