JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test)
JULY 2020 TEST IS CANCELLED
About the JLPT
The Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) is the largest-scale Japanese language test in the world. Since 1984, the Japan Foundation and Japan Educational Exchanges and Services have continued to offer the JLPT as a reliable means of evaluating the Japanese proficiency of non-native speakers. The JLPT is widely recognised across corporate and government sectors as a benchmark for proficiency measurement, and is also a strong motivator for students of Japanese language.
JLPT in Australia
• N1, N2 and N3 ⇒ $95 Test fee + $6.31 Eventbrite booking fee.
• N4 and N5 ⇒ $85 Test fee + $5.76 Eventbrite booking fee.
All prices are inclusive of GST.
The Eventbrite booking fee is non-refundable.
The Test Guide is mandatory reading
• Contains useful information about dates, procedure, sections, scoring, expected timing, how to fill in answer sheets, etc.
• Australia-specific information is on the first three pages (i-iii).
• Disregard references to photo submission and paper applications. The JLPT in Australia accepts online applications only. Paper or postal applications are not allowed.
Application period for December 2020 Test
Please see the notice at the top of this page.
STA (Special Testing Accommodations)
Closed. This information section is for reference only. The July JLPT in Australia has been cancelled due to COVID-19.
STA is ONLY applicable for applicants with an impairment or disability.
Read the Test Guide carefully before applying for STA.
【STA application process for July 2020】
- Complete your JLPT registration on Eventbrite, making sure that you choose “Yes I need STA”.
- Read “Instruction for requesting STA” carefully.
- Prepare your medical certificate/s to support your STA request.
- Complete “Requesting form for STA”.
- Send 3 & 4 to email@example.com by March 23, 2020 (Mon).
**Strictly NO late submissions will be accepted**