J-Course: Terms and Conditions
- Students must be aged 18 and over.
- Students must be current members of The Japan Foundation, Sydney in order to enrol (with the exception of the10 Week Taster and Japanese in Action courses).
- Applications are accepted each term via the online application form on The Japan Foundation, Sydney website on a first-come, first-served basis.
- To ensure placement in a suitable course, new students are required to complete a level check consisting of a written test and a mini-interview prior to their enrolment, with the exception of first-term enrolments in the Starter and 10 Week Taster Courses, which are suitable for absolute beginners.
Course fees are as below:
|All Standard (one-year) Courses and the 10 Week Taster Course||$375/term: New Students
$350/ term: Continuing Students
*‘Continuing students’ refers to students who enrol in consecutive J-Course terms. Students who choose to re-enrol after skipping one or more terms will be treated as new students.
|Japanese in Action Course||$200: All Students|
Textbook fees are not included in course fees.
- Applicable textbook fees will be charged along with course fees at the time of enrolment, with the exception of the Advanced and Tatsujin courses, for which materials are included in course fees.
- New students will receive an invoice via email which includes payment details.
- Continuing students are required to pay course fees by following the instructions sent via email. Invoices can only be issued at the student’s request.
- Payment can be made via bank transfer, credit card or cash. Credit card payments can only be accepted in person.
- A student’s enrolment in a course is confirmed once full payment has been received. If payment is not received by the designated deadline, the application may automatically be cancelled.
- Partial course payment will not be accepted.
Cancellations and refunds
- Students may cancel their enrolment up until one business day before the first class of the term. Students are required to notify the J-Course Team via email in order to cancel their enrolment. Course fees will be refunded minus an administration fee of $50.
- Students who wish to cancel their enrolment after the above cancellation deadline due to circumstances beyond their control are eligible to receive a refund equal to 50% of any remaining course fees. Students are required to notify the J-Course Team via email in order to cancel their enrolment. The amount refundable is calculated from the date that the J-Course Team receives notification of the student’s cancellation request via email.
- No refunds are given for classes missed by the student.
From time to time our website will link to external sites for further reference (e.g. events outside of The Japan Foundation, Sydney).
Each linked site has its own terms and conditions for use which you must comply with. We are not responsible for the contents or reliability of any other websites to which we link and do not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them.
We are no liable for any damage for any loss or damage arising from your use of any of the linked sites.
Course and class date changes
- Students changing courses or class dates after the first two weeks of term will incur an administration fee of $50. Changes made within the first two weeks do not incur a fee. Course and class date changes can only be accommodated when the requested alternate course or class has available places.
- Requests to change courses or class dates must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Substitute classes are only available for courses that run more than two classes in the same class week. Requests for a substitute class cannot be guaranteed due to limited places in each class.
- Each student is permitted to request up to four substitute classes per term.
- Requests to attend a substitute evening class must be sent via email to email@example.com by 2 pm on the day of the class you would like to attend.
- Requests to attend a substitute morning class must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 pm on the day before the class you would like to attend.
- Requests to attend a substitute Saturday afternoon class must be sent via email to email@example.com by 2 pm on the day before the class you would like to attend.
- Courses or classes may be cancelled if enrolments do not reach the minimum number. In the event that a course is cancelled for this reason, students already enrolled in the course will be notified prior to the scheduled commencement date and any course fees that have been paid will be refunded.
- The Japan Foundation, Sydney reserves the right to change teachers and classrooms during term. Students will be informed of any such changes in advance via email.
- The Japan Foundation, Sydney reserves the right to cancel the enrolment of students who are disruptive in class.
- J-Course terms are ten weeks in duration. J-Course classes are not held on designated New South Wales public holidays. In the event classes fall on such public holidays, classes for that week will not be held and the term length will be extended to 11 weeks.
This website may occasionally contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. We do not warrant the accuracy of any posted information. Please confirm that you are using the most up-to-date pages on this website and confirm the accuracy and completeness of information before using it to make decisions relating to services or other matters described in this website.