Upper Advanced Course (B2-2)
The Upper Advanced Course aims to comprehensively develop students’ speaking, reading, listening and writing skills that they have developed so far in their Japanese study, and enable them to use more sophisticated and natural Japanese. You will discuss current affairs featuring in newspapers and TV news, as well as gain appreciation of the language through materials such as film and literature. Furthermore, you will develop the skills to comprehend technical and academic passages written in Japanese, and refine their ability to use Japanese with colleagues in the workplace, both in verbal and written interactions such as email.
The Upper Advanced Course corresponds to N1 level.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Read a short story and understand the events and the motives for the characters’ actions.
- Express their ideas and opinions with precision, present and respond to complex lines of argument.
- Write clear, detailed texts on a variety of subjects related to their field of interest while synthesising and evaluating information and arguments from a number of sources.
- Use the language fluently, accurately and effectively on a wide range of topics, marking clearly the relationships between ideas.
- Understand most TV news and current affairs programmes.
Course Details (Term 2)
$375/term: New students
$350/term: Continuing students
Course fee includes materials.
Saturdays | May 5 – July 7, 2018
Taught by Shoko Ono
There is no textbook for this course.