This is a one year course consisting of 4 terms of 10 weeks.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Read a short story and understand the events and the motives for the characters’ actions.
- Express their ideas and opinions with precision, present and respond to complex lines of argument.
- Write clear, detailed texts on a variety of subjects related to their field of interest while synthesising and evaluating information and arguments from a number of sources.
- Use the language fluently, accurately and effectively on a wide range of topics, marking clearly the relationships between ideas.
- Understand most TV news and current affairs programmes.
The aim of the Tatsujin course is to acquire more natural and high level Japanese by using authentic materials (newspaper, TV news etc.). The teacher will distribute handouts. This course will focus on discussion of current affairs, with the opportunity to enjoy reading novels and/or watching films in Japanese.
First-time enrolment for new applicants:
- $320 per term (non-member)
- $300 per term (JPF member)
Course fee does not include textbooks.
Saturdays | October 14 – December 16, 2017
Taught by Shoko Ono
There is no textbook for this course.