Pre-Intermediate Course (A2/B1)
This is a one year course consisting of 4 terms of 10 weeks.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Enter spontaneous conversations on topics that are familiar, of personal interest or pertinent to everyday life (e.g. family, hobbies, work, travel and current events).
- Understand the main points of clear, standard speech on matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Understand descriptions of daily events, feelings and wishes that appear in personal or informal texts.
- Write short, simple messages and fill in application forms in areas of essential need.
- Use a series of simple phrases to describe their family and the people around them, living conditions, etc.
In Term 4 of the Pre-Intermediate course, we aim to cover Topics 6 to 8 of “Marugoto: Japanese Language and Culture (Pre-Intermediate A2/B1)”.
Topics: “Wedding and Marriage”, “Talking about Personal Problems” and “Problems When Travelling”.
$375/term: New students
$350/term: Continuing students
Course fee does not include textbooks.
Tuesdays | October 8 – December 10, 2019
Taught by Hiromi Nishimoto
Thursdays |October 10 – December 12, 2019
Taught by Yukiko Watanabe
Pre-Intermediate Textbook $30 (One volume)
Textbook fee will be charged together with the course fee.
まるごと, 日本のことばと文化. 初中級. A2/B1
Marugoto, Japanese language and culture. Pre-Intermediate. A2/B1
The Japan Foundation 2015