Pre-Intermediate Course (A2/B1)
This is a one year course consisting of 4 terms of 10 weeks.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Enter spontaneous conversations on topics that are familiar, of personal interest or pertinent to everyday life (e.g. family, hobbies, work, travel and current events).
- Understand the main points of clear, standard speech on matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Understand descriptions of daily events, feelings and wishes that appear in personal or informal texts.
- Write short, simple messages and fill in application forms in areas of essential need.
- Use a series of simple phrases to describe their family and the people around them, living conditions, etc.
In the Pre-Intermediate course, we aim to cover Topics 7 – 9 of the textbook “Marugoto: Japanese Language and Culture (Elementary 2, A2)”, and Topics 1 – 6 of the textbook “Marugoto: Japanese Language and Culture (Pre-Intermediate A2/B1)”.
Topics 7 and 8: “A town rich in history and culture” and “Life and eco-friendly activities” (Elementary 2 A2 Textbook)
Topics 8 (cont.) and 9: “Life and eco-friendly activities” and “People’s lives” (Elementary 2 A2 Textbook)
Topics 1 – 3: “Sports games”, “Looking for a house” and “My comfort food” (Pre-Intermediate A2/B1 Textbook)
Topics 4 – 6: “Visiting someone”, “The pleasure of learning other languages” and “Wedding and marriage” (Pre-Intermediate A2/B1 Textbook)
If you would like to learn more about what is covered in each topic, or if you are interested in previewing the content covered in our classes, please visit the Marugoto Plus website: https://a2-2.marugotoweb.jp/en/
Course Details in Term 3
$350/term + $20 administration fee*
* Students enrolling in the first term of the Starter course, and other new and returning students requiring a placement test will be charged a $20 non-refundable administration fee in addition to the $350 course fee when enrolling.
Please note that the course fee does not include textbooks.
Tuesdays | July 21 – September 22, 2020
Taught by Shoko Ono
Thursdays | July 23 – September 24, 2020
Taught by Hiromi Nishimoto
Term 3 classes will be held online until social distancing restrictions for COVID-19 have been lifted.
Pre-Intermediate Textbook $30 (One volume)
Textbook fees will be charged at the same time as the course fees in terms requiring a new textbook.
まるごと, 日本のことばと文化. 初中級. A2/B1
Marugoto, Japanese language and culture. Pre-Intermediate. A2/B1
The Japan Foundation 2015