This is a one year course consisting of 4 terms of 10 weeks.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Enter spontaneous conversations on topics that are familiar, of personal interest or pertinent to everyday life (e.g. hobbies, health, news, travel and historical events).
- Understand articles and reports concerned with contemporary problems in which the writers adopt particular stances or viewpoints.
- Develop a clear argument, expanding and supporting his/her points of view at some length with subsidiary points and relevant examples.
- Understand the main points of clear, standard speech on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, including speech heard on media such as radio, TV programmes, etc.
- Write and give their e-mail and internet forum information on familiar routine and non-routine matters within their field.
In Term 4 of the Pre-Advanced course, we aim to cover topic 8 and 9 of “Marugoto: Japanese Language and Culture (Intermediate 2, B1)”.
Topic: “Common forms of transport!” and “The age of ninja and samurai”
First-time enrolment for new applicants:
- $320 per term (non-member)
- $300 per term (JPF member)
Course fee does not include textbooks.
Tuesdays | October 10 – December 12, 2017
Taught by Shoko Ono
Textbook fee will be charged together with the course fee.
まるごと, 日本のことばと文化. 中級2. B1.
Marugoto, Japanese language and culture. Intermediate 2. B1
The Japan Foundation
* This book is not distributed commercially.