Intermediate 2 Course (B1-2)
This is a one year course consisting of 4 terms of 10 weeks.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Enter spontaneous conversations on topics that are familiar, of personal interest or pertinent to everyday life (e.g. hobbies, health, news, travel and historical events).
- Understand articles and reports concerned with contemporary problems in which the writers adopt particular stances or viewpoints.
- Develop a clear argument, expanding and supporting his/her points of view at some length with subsidiary points and relevant examples.
- Understand the main points of clear, standard speech on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, including speech heard on media such as radio, TV programmes, etc.
- Write and give their e-mail and internet forum information on familiar routine and non-routine matters within their field.
In the Intermediate 2 course, we aim to cover Topic 9 of the textbook “Marugoto: Japanese Language and Culture (Intermediate 1, B1)”., and Topics 1 – 7 of the textbook “Marugoto: Japanese Language and Culture (Intermediate 2, B1)”.
Topic 9: “Traditional Festivals” (Intermediate 1 B1 Textbook)
Topic 1: “What kind of person are they?” (Intermediate 2 B1 Textbook)
Topics 2 and 3: “Climbing Mount Fuji” and “Healthy living”
Topics 4 and 5: “If you’re going to see a play…” and “Local news”
Topics 6 and 7: “I want this!” and “My favourite film”
$350/term + $20 administration fee*
* New and returning students requiring a placement test will be charged a $20 non-refundable administration fee in addition to the $350 course fee when enrolling.
Please note that the course fee does not include textbooks.
Tuesdays | February 4 – April 7, 2020
Taught by Yukiko Watanabe
$40 (One volume)
Textbook fees will be charged at the same time as the course fees in terms requiring a new textbook.
まるごと, 日本のことばと文化. 中級2. B1.
Marugoto, Japanese language and culture. Intermediate 2. B1
The Japan Foundation