Intermediate 2 Course (B1-2)
This is a one year course consisting of 4 terms of 10 weeks.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Enter spontaneous conversations on topics that are familiar, of personal interest or pertinent to everyday life (e.g. hobbies, health, news, travel and historical events).
- Understand articles and reports concerned with contemporary problems in which the writers adopt particular stances or viewpoints.
- Develop a clear argument, expanding and supporting his/her points of view at some length with subsidiary points and relevant examples.
- Understand the main points of clear, standard speech on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, including speech heard on media such as radio, TV programmes, etc.
- Write and give their e-mail and internet forum information on familiar routine and non-routine matters within their field.
In Term 3 of the Intermediate 2 course, we aim to cover Topics 5 and 6 of “Marugoto: Japanese Language and Culture (Intermediate 2, B1)”.
Topics: “Local News” and “I want this!”
$375/term: New students
$350/term: Continuing students
Course fee does not include textbooks.
Tuesdays | July 23 – September 24, 2019
Taught by Keiko Nishiyama
$40 (One volume)
Textbook fee will be charged together with the course fee.
まるごと, 日本のことばと文化. 中級2. B1.
Marugoto, Japanese language and culture. Intermediate 2. B1
The Japan Foundation
2019 TERM DATES
Term 1: Feb 4 – Apr 13
Term 2: Apr 29 – Jul 6
Term 3: Jul 22 – Sep 28
Term 4: Oct 7 – Dec 14
* J-Course terms run for 10 weeks each. As Monday, 10 June and 7 October are NSW public holidays, class will not run on these days but will be held instead on Friday, 14 June and 11 October respectively.
Photo: Brett Boardman