Intermediate 1 Course (B1-1)
This is a one year course consisting of 4 terms of 10 weeks.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Enter spontaneous conversations on topics that are familiar, of personal interest or pertinent to everyday life (e.g. myself, hobbies, food, travel and current events).
- Understand the description of daily events, feelings and wishes that appear in personal or informal texts.
- Understand the main points of clear standard speech on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, including speech heard on media such as radio, TV programmes, etc.
- Write straightforward, cohesive texts on topics that are familiar, or of personal interest.
- Connect simple phrases to describe experiences and past events, dreams, hopes and ambitions, and state clear reasons and explanations related to one’s opinions and plans.
In Term 1 of the Intermediate course, we aim to cover topics 1 and 2 of “Marugoto: Japanese Language and Culture (Intermediate1, B1)”.
Topic: “Meeting people for the first time” and “Food I recommend”
$375/term: New students
$350/term: Continuing students
Course fee does not include textbooks.
Mondays | February 5 – April 16, 2018
*There will be no class on 2 April.
Taught by Yukiko Watanabe
Fridays | February 9 – April 20, 2018
*There will be no class on 30 March.
Taught by Kaoru Murn
$40 (One volume)
Textbook fee will be charged together with the course fee.
まるごと, 日本のことばと文化. 中級1. B1.
Marugoto, Japanese language and culture. Intermediate. B1
The Japan Foundation
Published by Sanshusha