This is a one year course consisting of 4 terms of 10 weeks.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Enter spontaneous conversations on topics that are familiar, of personal interest or pertinent to everyday life (e.g. myself, hobbies, food, travel and current events).
- Understand the description of daily events, feelings and wishes that appear in personal or informal texts.
- Understand the main points of clear standard speech on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, including speech heard on media such as radio, TV programmes, etc.
- Write straightforward, cohesive texts on topics that are familiar, or of personal interest.
- Connect simple phrases to describe experiences and past events, dreams, hopes and ambitions, and state clear reasons and explanations related to one’s opinions and plans.
In Term 4 of the Intermediate course, we aim to cover topics 7 and 9 of “Marugoto: Japanese Language and Culture (Intermediate1, B1)”.
Topic: “Talk on the challenge of martial arts!” and “Traditional festivals”
First-time enrolment for new applicants:
- $320 per term (non-member)
- $300 per term (JPF member)
Course fee does not include textbooks.
Wednesdays | October 11 – December 13, 2017
Taught by Makiko Hachisuka
Textbook fee will be charged together with the course fee.
まるごと, 日本のことばと文化. 中級1. B1.
Marugoto, Japanese language and culture. Intermediate. B1
The Japan Foundation
Published by Sanshusha