Intermediate 1 Course (B1-1)
This is a one year course consisting of 4 terms of 10 weeks.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Enter spontaneous conversations on topics that are familiar, of personal interest or pertinent to everyday life (e.g. myself, hobbies, food, travel and current events).
- Understand the description of daily events, feelings and wishes that appear in personal or informal texts.
- Understand the main points of clear standard speech on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, including speech heard on media such as radio, TV programmes, etc.
- Write straightforward, cohesive texts on topics that are familiar, or of personal interest.
- Connect simple phrases to describe experiences and past events, dreams, hopes and ambitions, and state clear reasons and explanations related to one’s opinions and plans.
In Term 1 of the Intermediate 1 course, we aim to cover Lessons 1 and 2 of “Marugoto: Japanese Language and Culture (Intermediate 1, B1)”.
Topics: “Meeting people for the first time” and “Food I recommend”
$375/term: New students
$350/term: Continuing students
Course fee does not include textbooks.
Mondays | February 4 – April 8, 2019
Taught by Yukiko Watanabe
Wednesdays | February 6 – April 10, 2019
Taught by Kaoru Murn
$40 (One volume)
Textbook fee will be charged together with the course fee.
まるごと, 日本のことばと文化. 中級1. B1.
Marugoto, Japanese language and culture. Intermediate. B1
The Japan Foundation
Published by Sanshusha
2019 TERM DATES
Term 1: Feb 4 – Apr 13
Term 2: Apr 29 – Jul 6
Term 3: Jul 22 – Sep 28
Term 4: Oct 7 – Dec 14
* J-Course terms run for 10 weeks each. As Monday, 10 June and 7 October are NSW public holidays, class will not run on these days but will be held instead on Friday, 15 June and 11 October respectively.
Photo: Brett Boardman