Intermediate 1 Course (B1-1)
This is a one year course consisting of 4 terms of 10 weeks.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Enter spontaneous conversations on topics that are familiar, of personal interest or pertinent to everyday life (e.g. myself, hobbies, food, travel and current events).
- Understand the description of daily events, feelings and wishes that appear in personal or informal texts.
- Understand the main points of clear standard speech on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, including speech heard on media such as radio, TV programmes, etc.
- Write straightforward, cohesive texts on topics that are familiar, or of personal interest.
- Connect simple phrases to describe experiences and past events, dreams, hopes and ambitions, and state clear reasons and explanations related to one’s opinions and plans.
In the Intermediate 1 course, we aim to cover Topics 1 to 8 of the textbook “Marugoto: Japanese Language and Culture (Intermediate 1, B1)”.
Topics 1 and 2: “Meeting people for the first time” and “Food I recommend”
Topics 3 and 4: “My favourite music” and “Let’s go to a hot spring!”
Topics 5 and 6: “How have you been lately?” and “Let’s read manga”
Topics 7 and 8: “Talk on the challenge of martial arts!” and “Convenient gadgets”
Course Details in Term 4
$350/term + $20 administration fee*
* New and returning students requiring a placement test will be charged a $20 non-refundable administration fee in addition to the $350 course fee when enrolling.
Please note that the course fee does not include textbooks.
Mondays | October 9* – December 7, 2020
*Week 1 class will be held on Friday October 9 due to the Labour Day holiday
Taught by Kaoru Murn
Wednesdays | October 7 – December 9, 2020
Taught by Hiromi Nishimoto
Classes will be held online until social distancing restrictions for COVID-19 have been lifted.
- a computer or laptop (operating systems: Windows 10 or 8.1 / Mac OS X 10.10 or later),
- the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari,
- headphones with a microphone,
- a web camera, and
- a stable internet connection, with at least a 1.2Mbps download speed and 600kbps upload speed. You can test your internet speed here.
$40 (One volume)
Textbook fees will be charged at the same time as the course fees in terms requiring a new textbook.
まるごと, 日本のことばと文化. 中級1. B1.
Marugoto, Japanese language and culture. Intermediate. B1
The Japan Foundation
Published by Sanshusha