Our Japanese language courses are offered to Members of The Japan Foundation, Sydney. You do not need to be a member to apply for our courses, but once your enrolment has been confirmed you will need to obtain membership before the beginning of your first class. For more information about the benefits of our membership or to sign up, please visit our membership page.
$350/term + $20 administration fee*
* Students enrolling in the first term of the Starter course, and other new and returning students requiring a placement test will be charged a $20 non-refundable administration fee in addition to the $350 course fee when enrolling.
Please note that the course fee does not include textbooks.
You will be charged any textbook fees for your course level together with the course fee when enrolling for the first time. Textbook fees are listed on the individual course level pages.
Note: The Advanced course and the Upper Advanced course use different textbooks which may be sourced online or in selected bookstores. Additional materials will be provided in class.
Our classes are held once per week for a period of two hours.
Morning class: 10am – 12pm
Afternoon class: 1pm – 3pm
Evening class: 6pm – 8pm
*To see when classes for your level are run, please visit the individual course pages.
The Japan Foundation, Sydney
Level 4, Central Park
Chippendale NSW 2008
For directions, see here.
*Classes are being held online until social distancing restrictions for COVID-19 have been lifted.
For the best experience with online classes and homework, we recommend using the following:
- a computer or laptop (operating systems: Windows 10 or 8.1 / Mac OS X 10.10 or later),
- the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari,
- headphones with a microphone,
- a web camera, and
- a stable internet connection, with at least a 1.2Mbps download speed and 600kbps upload speed. You can test your internet speed here.
Min: 7 / Max: 14 participants
* In the case where enrolments do not reach the minimum number of 7 people, the class may be cancelled.