Elementary 2 Course (A2-2)
This is a one year course consisting of 4 terms of 10 weeks.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar topics and activities.
- Describe one’s routine, work, learning experience, etc. in simple terms.
- Find specific information in simple everyday material such as personal letters and brochures.
- Write short, simple messages and fill in application forms in areas of essential need.
In the Elementary 2 course, we aim to cover Topic 9 of the textbook “Marugoto: Japanese Language and Culture (Elementary 1, A2)”, and Topics 1 – 6 of the textbook “Marugoto: Japanese Language and Culture (Elementary 2, A2)”.
Topic 9: “Celebrations” (Elementary 1 A2 Textbook)
Topic 1: “New friends” (Elementary 2 A2 Textbook)
Topics 2 and 3: “Eating out” and “Okinawa trip”
Topics 4 and 5: “Japanese festival” and “Special days”
Topics 5 (cont.) and 6: “Special days” and “Online shopping”
If you would like to learn more about what is covered in each topic, or if you are interested in previewing the content covered in our classes, please visit the Marugoto Plus website: https://a2-2.marugotoweb.jp/en/
Course Details in Term 4
$350/term + $20 administration fee*
* New and returning students requiring a placement test will be charged a $20 non-refundable administration fee in addition to the $350 course fee when enrolling.
Please note that the course fee does not include textbooks.
Saturdays | October 10 – December 12, 2020
Taught by Yukiko Watanabe
Mondays | October 9* – December 7, 2020
*Week 1 class will be held on Friday October 9 due to the Labour Day holiday
Taught by Keiko Nishiyama
Wednesdays | October 7 – December 9, 2020
Taught by Rika Saegusa
Classes will be held online until social distancing restrictions for COVID-19 have been lifted.
- a computer or laptop (operating systems: Windows 10 or 8.1 / Mac OS X 10.10 or later),
- the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari,
- headphones with a microphone,
- a web camera, and
- a stable internet connection, with at least a 1.2Mbps download speed and 600kbps upload speed. You can test your internet speed here.
$40 (Two volumes)
Textbook fees will be charged at the same time as the course fees in terms requiring a new textbook.
まるごと, 日本のことばと文化. 初級2. A2, かつどう
まるごと, 日本のことばと文化. 初級2. A2, りかい
Marugoto, Japanese language and culture. Elementary 2. A2, Coursebook for communicative language activities
The Japan Foundation 2014
Marugoto, Japanese language and culture. Elementary 2. A2, Coursebook for communicative language competences
The Japan Foundation 2014