Bridge Level 6
(towards B1-3 Pre-Advanced Course)
This course aims to prepare students to confidently:
- Enter spontaneous conversations on topics that are familiar, of personal interest or pertinent to everyday life (e.g. hobbies, health, news, travel and historical events).
- Understand articles and reports concerned with contemporary problems in which the writers adopt particular stances or viewpoints.
- Develop a clear argument, expanding and supporting his/her points of view at some length with subsidiary points and relevant examples.
- Understand the main points of clear, standard speech on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, including speech heard on media such as radio, TV programmes, etc.
- Write and give their e-mail and internet forum information on familiar routine and non-routine matters within their field.
Topic 6: “I want this!” (Intermediate 2 B1 Textbook)
Topic 7: “My favourite film” (Intermediate 2 B1 Textbook)
Bridging Level 6
This is a special bridging course that will be held from January to March 2023.
$350/term + $20 administration fee*
* Students enrolling in the first term of the Starter course, and other new and returning students requiring a placement test will be charged a $20 non-refundable administration fee in addition to the $350 course fee when enrolling.
Please note that the course fee does not include textbooks.
Mondays | January 23 – March 27, 2023
Taught by Keiko Nishiyama
Wednesdays | January 25 – March 29, 2023
Taught by Yukiko Watanabe
Online classes will be held via Zoom video conferencing. You can join a test meeting at https://zoom.us/test.
- a computer or laptop (operating systems: Windows 10 or 8.1 / Mac OS X 10.10 or later),
- the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari,
- headphones with a microphone,
- a web camera, and
- a stable internet connection, with at least a 1.2Mbps download speed and 600kbps upload speed. You can test your internet speed here.
Intermediate 2 Textbook $40 (One volume)
Textbook fees will be charged at the same time as the course fees in terms requiring a new textbook.
Students can choose to receive their textbook and supplementary materials via post or pick them up from The Japan Foundation, Sydney office.
まるごと, 日本のことばと文化. 中級2. B1.
Marugoto, Japanese language and culture. Intermediate 2. B1
The Japan Foundation