Bridge Level 4
(towards B1-1 Intermediate 1)
This course aims to prepare students to:
- Enter spontaneous conversations on topics that are familiar, of personal interest or pertinent to everyday life (e.g. myself, hobbies, food, travel and current events).
- Understand the description of daily events, feelings and wishes that appear in personal or informal texts.
- Understand the main points of clear standard speech on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, including speech heard on media such as radio, TV programmes, etc.
- Write straightforward, cohesive texts on topics that are familiar, or of personal interest.
- Connect simple phrases to describe experiences and past events, dreams, hopes and ambitions, and state clear reasons and explanations related to one’s opinions and plans.
Topics 5 – 7: “The pleasure of learning other languages”, “Weddings and Marriage” and “Talking about personal problems” (Pre-Intermediate A2/B1 Textbook)
Bridging Level 4
This is a special bridging course that will be held from January to March 2023.
$350/term + $20 administration fee*
* New and returning students requiring a placement test will be charged a $20 non-refundable administration fee in addition to the $350 course fee when enrolling.
Please note that the course fee does not include textbooks.
Saturdays | January 28 – April 1, 2023
Taught by Keiko Nishiyama
Wednesdays | January 25 – March 29, 2023
Taught by Kaoru Murn
Online classes will be held via Zoom video conferencing. You can join a test meeting at https://zoom.us/test.
- a computer or laptop (operating systems: Windows 10 or 8.1 / Mac OS X 10.10 or later),
- the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari,
- headphones with a microphone,
- a web camera, and
- a stable internet connection, with at least a 1.2Mbps download speed and 600kbps upload speed. You can test your internet speed here.
Pre-Intermediate Textbook $30 (One volume)
Intermediate 1 Textbook $40 (One volume)
*Textbook varies by term as students progress through the course. Please contact J-Course administration regarding which books are currently necessary for this course.
Textbook fees will be charged at the same time as the course fees in terms requiring a new textbook.
Students can choose to receive their textbooks and supplementary materials via post or pick them up from The Japan Foundation, Sydney office.
まるごと, 日本のことばと文化. 初中級. A2/B1
Marugoto, Japanese language and culture. Pre-Intermediate. A2/B1
The Japan Foundation 2015
まるごと, 日本のことばと文化. 中級1. B1.
Marugoto, Japanese language and culture. Intermediate 1. B1
The Japan Foundation
Published by Sanshusha