Advanced Course (B2-1)
This is a one year course consisting of 4 terms of 10 weeks.
The Advanced Course aims to develop smoother communication skills in Japanese while building students’ understanding of Japanese culture and appropriate uses of Japanese in a variety of situations. You will learn vocabulary and expressions applicable to selected topics, using learning resources based on topical issues and news in Japanese society. Furthermore, you will develop the skills to use their Japanese appropriately in both formal and informal scenarios, as well as express their own thoughts about different subjects.
Join us and take a step closer toward becoming an advanced Japanese speaker!
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Scan quickly through long and complex texts, locating relevant details.
- Express their ideas and opinions with precision, and present and respond to complex lines of argument convincingly.
- Write clear, detailed texts on a variety of subjects related to their field of interest while synthesising and evaluating information and arguments from a number of sources.
- Summarise a wide range of factual and imaginative texts, commenting on and discussing contrasting points of view and the main themes
- Understand documentaries and the majority of films in standard dialect.
Course Details (Term 1)
$375/term: New students
$350/term: Continuing students
Course fee includes materials fee.
Thursdays | February 8 – April 12, 2018
Taught by Keiko Nishiyama