10 Week Taster Course (A1)
Would you like to communicate with Japanese people by saying more than just “arigatoo” (“thank you”)?
This is a practical course, designed for absolute beginners, where you will develop basic speaking and listening skills in Japanese. Additionally, you will discuss Japanese culture and share your experiences based on the class topics (Greetings, Food, Daily Life and Shopping) to deepen your knowledge of Japan.
Once you have completed this course, you will be able to:
- Exchange basic greetings
- Give a simple self-introduction
- Order food and drinks
- Talk about your daily routine and hobbies
- Ask questions while shopping, etc.
- Japanese scripts (hiragana and katakana) are introduced for the purpose of pronunciation but are not taught in this course. This is also a suitable warm-up course for those considering learning Japanese in the long-term.
- This course will be held in person for Term 3, 2021. However, The Japan Foundation, Sydney reserves the right to change the mode of class delivery in response to health advice and government restrictions.
If you are interested in previewing the content covered in our classes, please visit the Marugoto Plus website: https://a1.marugotoweb.jp/en/
This cost is all inclusive, and includes the cost of the textbook.
Term 2 schedule
Saturdays | July 17 – September 18, 2021
Taught by Yunjing Zheng
This class consists of 10 lessons held once a week.
$15 (One volume)
The textbook fee is included in the course fee bundle for this course.
Students will receive their textbook at the beginning of their first class.
まるごと, 日本のことばと文化. 入門. A1, かつどう
Marugoto, Japanese language and culture. Starter A1, Coursebook for communicative language activities
The Japan Foundation
Published by Sanshusha