ARTS SPEAKS JAPANESE COMES ALIVE! 2017
STUDENT ART CONTEST
Conditions of Entry
- Be school students studying Japanese in Australia (Y3 – 12).
- Create own artwork inspired by one of the artworks in the “Art Speaks Japanese” resource kit.
- Include some Japanese language in the artwork entered.
There are 3 divisions to enter
Each division has 3 categories
Created by an individual student (or can be by two students).
2. School Display
- Displayed in a public area of school or at a school event.
- Can be a number of different shaped artworks displayed together.
- Don’t have to be matched artworks.
- One artwork made by a group of students collaboratively.
3. Classroom Display
- Displayed inside of the classroom.
- Exactly matching artworks.
Prize-winners from each category will receive a prize such as an Intext Book Company Gift Voucher, etc.
School Display Category
School Display Prize
Classroom Display Category
Classroom Display Prize
The artworks will be judged by a panel of judges from The Japan Foundation, Sydney and Art Gallery NSW.
- Prize-winners will be announced on this website in October 2017 with Judges’ comments.
- Competition results will also appear in J-Teacher, The Japan Foundation, Sydney’s newsletter for teachers.
- All entries will be viewable in the online gallery within this website.
How to label your files
- Full school name (please do not abbreviate)
- First name of student. In cases where there are multiple students with the same first name from the one school, please use the format: first name + initial of student’s surname (e.g. John Smith → JohnS).
- Official abbreviations for state names for Australian schools (e.g. NSW, SA).
Please label JPEG files using the naming format below. Change only the coloured text for each corresponding entry.
Individuals → IND_Pri_STATE_FULL school name_First name of student
School Display → SCH_Pri_STATE_FULL school name_Group name
Classroom Display → CLA_ Pri_STATE_FULL school name_Class name
<Junior Secondary Division>
Individuals → IND_Juni_STATE_FULL school name_First name of student
School Display → SCH_Juni_STATE_FULL school name_Group name
Classroom Display → CLA_ Juni_STATE_FULL school name_Class name
<Senior Secondary Division>
Individuals → IND_Seni_STATE_FULL school name_First name of student
School Display → SCH_Seni_STATE_FULL school name_Group name
Classroom Display → CLA_ Seni_STATE_FULL school name_Class name
Entry Deadline: August 30, 2017
Results Announced: October, 2017