Updated Conditions Of Entry From September 7
Advanced bookings are no longer required to enter the library or gallery. All visitors are now required to check in at the service counter upon arrival. Please bring your membership or free library card if you have one for speedy entry.
Some modified conditions of entry and services are still in place for the health and safety of our guests and staff. In the event that our maximum visitor capacity is reached, you may be asked to come back later or shorten your visit so that others may enter.
- Check in at the service counter upon arrival.
- Comply with posted notices to meet the standards of public hygiene and social distancing measures issued by government authorities.
- View the exhibition in the gallery (the next exhibition starts on September 25).
- Borrow more items from our library as loan quotas have been temporarily increased.
- Enter the reading room for browsing of books, magazines and newspapers with a face mask and gloves on. Please bring your own mask. We will provide you with a pair of disposable gloves.
- Use public WiFi for up to 60 minutes.
- Enter our premises if you feel unwell or have a fever when we check your temperature at our check-in point.
- Use an AV booth.
- Ask you to shorten your visit in the event that maximum capacity is reached, especially if you already have spent more than 60 minutes in our premises.
- Ask you to come back later in the event that maximum capacity is reached.
- Keep records of visitors for a minimum period of 28 days. These records will only be for the purpose of tracking COVID-19 infections.
Come and visit our library which boasts over 18,000 Japan-related items. Our collection features a range of material including fiction, non-fiction, manga, DVDs, music CDs and extensive language resources.
Temporary Changes in T/C of the Library Loan Services
Until December 19 (Sat), the last library open day for this year, the terms and conditions of the library loan services are altered as follows:
- Free Card: Maximum of 7 items.
- Paid Member: Maximum of 15 items.
We have hand picked a fun list of library books in English, curated to help you and your children learn more about Japanese history and culture.
We also recommend this to parent to assist in their children’s learning and homework.
Tadoku Online Resources
Would you like to keep your Tadoku reading while you stay safe at home?
We have listed some links to learner-friendly online readers in our Tadoku page. Enjoy!
Kid’s Reward Card
Receive one stamp for each of the following (once per day):
• Borrow one or more kid’s items
• Participate in a library mini event
Please note: Lost cards will not be replaced. For use by kids (grade 6 or less).
OPENING HOURS / CALENDAR
From July 20 (Mon)
Mon-Fri: 10am to 6pm
Sat: 10am to 4pm
Please check the conditions of entry before visiting.
Dates subject to change
AFTER HOURS RETURNS
An after-hours returns chute is located at the entrance of the library and available 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm. Access might not be available on retail holidays such as Christmas.
(02) 8239 0055
Banner photo: Brett Boardman