We are pleased to announce that The Japan Foundation, Sydney gallery and service counter will reopen to visitors from Tuesday, June 9. However, operations have been modified for the health and safety of our guests and staff.
- Visitation hours: Monday to Friday, 10am – 12pm and 2pm – 4pm.
- Only our gallery and service counter will be accessible.
- All visitors must make a booking before visiting via the online booking form. Bookings for the following week will be made available every Friday at 4pm. Visitors without a booking may be declined entry.
- All visitors must check in at the service counter upon entering our premises.
- Our library (the shelves, newspapers, magazines and reading area) will be closed to minimise transmission of COVID-19 via furniture surfaces and collection items.
- To borrow items from our library, please search the library’s web catalogue prior to visiting. On arrival, see staff who will then assist in retrieving the items you wish to borrow.
Come and visit our library which boasts over 18,000 Japan-related items. Our collection features a range of material including fiction, non-fiction, manga, DVDs, music CDs and extensive language resources.
Temporary Changes in T/C of the Library Loan Services
From June 9 (Tue) until further notice, the terms and conditions of the library loan services are altered as follows:
- Free Card: Maximum of 7 items – Due date is adjusted to August 31 (Mon).
- Paid Member: Maximum of 15 items – Due date is adjusted to August 31 (Mon).
- No reservation requests are placed on loaned items.
Tadoku Online Resources
Would you like to keep your Tadoku reading while you stay safe at home?
We have listed some links to learner-friendly online readers in our Tadoku page. Enjoy!
Kid’s Reward Card
Receive one stamp for each of the following (once per day):
• Borrow one or more kid’s items
• Participate in a library mini event
Please note: Lost cards will not be replaced. For use by kids (grade 6 or less).
AFTER HOURS RETURNS
An after-hours returns chute is located at the entrance of the library and available 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm. Access might not be available on retail holidays such as Christmas.
(02) 8239 0055
Banner photo: Brett Boardman