JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test)
About the JLPT
The Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) is the largest-scale Japanese language test in the world. Since 1984, the Japan Foundation and Japan Educational Exchanges and Services have continued to offer the JLPT as a reliable means of evaluating the Japanese proficiency of non-native speakers. The JLPT is widely recognised across corporate and government sectors as a benchmark for proficiency measurement, and is also a strong motivator for students of Japanese language.
JLPT in Australia
July 5 (Sun), 2020
Application period: February 18 – March 31, 5pm AEDT (Sydney time).
Applications now open!
• N1, N2 and N3 ⇒ $95 Test fee + $6.31 Eventbrite booking fee.
• N4 and N5 ⇒ $85 Test fee + $5.76 Eventbrite booking fee.
All prices are inclusive of GST.
The Eventbrite booking fee is non-refundable.
The Test Guide is mandatory reading
• Contains useful information about dates, procedure, sections, scoring, expected timing, how to fill in answer sheets, etc.
• Australia-specific information is on the first three pages (i-iii).
• Disregard references to photo submission and paper applications. The JLPT in Australia accepts online applications only. Paper or postal applications are not allowed.
Online Applications Forms – July 2020 ⇐ Applications now open!
• Registration and payment by credit card at Eventbrite.
• For cancellation, refund and change of Test level/location, refer to the Test Guide for details.
• Closes March 31, 5pm (AEDT). Strictly no late applications are accepted.
Application period for December 2020 Test
More details to be available later. Please check this page again in July.
Test will be offered in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney.
STA (Special Testing Accommodations)
STA is ONLY applicable for applicants with an impairment or disability.
Read the Test Guide carefully before applying for STA.
【STA application process for July 2020】
- Complete your JLPT registration on Eventbrite, making sure that you choose “Yes I need STA”.
- Read “Instruction for requesting STA” carefully.
- Prepare your medical certificate/s to support your STA request.
- Complete “Requesting form for STA”.
- Send 3 & 4 to email@example.com by March 23, 2020 (Mon).
**Strictly NO late submissions will be accepted**
Results for: December 1 (Sun), 2019
Hard copy certificate(s)
Posted during February and March.
If you have changed your postal address, ensure you have informed us or you risk losing your document(s).
Available from 10:00 (Japan Time) on January 22 (Wed) until March 31 (Tue) 17:00 (Japan Time).
You will need your:
• Examinee registration number. It starts with “19B…”. It is printed on your Test Voucher which was emailed in the first week of November.
• 8-digit passcode. You created this on your application form. You can simply read it from your email copy of your application form. Eventbrite emailed this to you immediately after you registered and paid.