JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test)
About the JLPT
The Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) is the largest-scale Japanese language test in the world. Since 1984, the Japan Foundation and Japan Educational Exchanges and Services have continued to offer the JLPT as a reliable means of evaluating the Japanese proficiency of non-native speakers. The JLPT is widely recognised across corporate and government sectors as a benchmark for proficiency measurement, and is also a strong motivator for students of Japanese language.
• The December 2020 Test has been cancelled in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney due to COVID-19.
• The December Test is not held in Canberra.
- N1, N2 and N3 ⇒ $95 Test fee + $6.31 Eventbrite booking fee.
- N4 and N5 ⇒ $85 Test fee + $5.76 Eventbrite booking fee.
All prices are inclusive of GST.
The Eventbrite booking fee is non-refundable.
The Test Guide is mandatory reading
- Australia-specific information is at the beginning, on pages (i – iv).
- Contains useful information about dates, procedure, sections, scoring, expected timing, how to fill in answer sheets, etc.
- Disregard references to photograph submission and paper applications. The JLPT in Australia accepts online applications only. Paper or postal applications are not allowed.
APPLY NOW for Brisbane and Perth. Deadline: Oct 7, 17:00 AEDT. Limited capacity
If your desired Test site or level is already full, watch this page as there may be a short, “Additional application period” as mentioned above.
Special Testing Accommodations (STA)
- Applicants with an impairment or disability may request STA.
- Registration and payment for the JLPT must be completed first.
- There is a specific question on the application form regarding STA and affected applicants should select “Yes, I need STA…” as the answer.
- After application is complete, additional STA forms must be downloaded from the link on this page.
- Read “Instruction for requesting STA” carefully.
- Prepare your medical certificate/s to support your STA request.
- Complete “Requesting form for STA”.
- Send 6. & 7. to email@example.com by October 7, 2020 (Wed).
**Strictly NO late submissions will be accepted**